Multiple Yokogawa Products 'BKFSim_vhfd.exe' Stack Based Buffer Overflow Vulnerabilities
22 Dec. 2014
Stack-based buffer overflow in BKFSim_vhfd.exe in Yokogawa CENTUM CS 1000, CENTUM CS 3000 R3.09.50 and earlier, CENTUM VP R5.03.20 and earlier, Exaopc R3.72.00 and earlier, B/M9000CS R5.05.01 and earlier, and B/M9000 VP R7.03.01 and earlier, when FCS/Test Function is enabled, allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary code via a crafted packet.
* Yokogawa CENTUM CS 3000 R3.09.50 and earlier
* CENTUM VP R5.03.20 and earlier
* Exaopc R3.72.00 and earlier
* B/M9000CS R5.05.01 and earlier
* B/M9000 VP R7.03.01 and earlier
* Yokogawa CENTUM CS 3000 R3.09.50 and later
* CENTUM VP R5.03.20 and later
* Exaopc R3.72.00 and later
* B/M9000CS R5.05.01 and later
* B/M9000 VP R7.03.01 and later
Multiple Yokogawa Products are prone to a stack-based buffer-overflow vulnerability because the application fails to properly bounds-check user-supplied data before copying it into an insufficiently sized buffer. Successful exploits may allow an attacker to execute arbitrary code with system privileges. Failed attempts will likely cause a denial-of-service condition.