X.Org X11 (X11R6.9.0/X11R7.0) Local Root Privilege Escalation (Exploit)
22 Mar. 2006
"The X.Org Foundation provides an open source implementation of the X Window System." A privileges escalation with in X.org allows attackers to gain root privileges, the following exploit code can be used to test your system for the mentioned vulnerability.
* xorg-server version 1.0.0, as shipped with X11R7.0
* xorg-server version X11R7.0rc
* xorg-server version X11R6.9.0
* xorg-server version X11R6.9.0rc
* xorg-server version X11R6.8.2
* xorg-server version X11R6.8.2rc
# From Daniel Stone's Advisory
# xorg-server 1.0.0, as shipped with X11R7.0, and all release candidates
# of X11R7.0, is vulnerable.
# X11R6.9.0, and all release candidates, are vulnerable.
# X11R6.8.2 and earlier versions are not vulnerable.